Why has the audio output on my (and a few others that i know) iphone decreased so much since ios 9?

PittFanIAm

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Other than calling/texting, the main use for my iphone is as an mp3 player. I have thousands of songs on my iphone (5s i think). Since around the ios 9 release, the audio output on my phone (and others that i know...different phones...5's, 6's, maybe even a 7-not sure) has been nearly cut in half.

When i connect to the bluetooth in my car...or even through a usb cable or whatever, the audio isn't close to as loud as it used to be. I need to turn my iphone's volume up all the way and my cars volume up all the way to come close to as loud as it used to be with both volumes turned up only half way.

I have a couple bluetooth speakers. Both used to play really loud. Now, unless i'm sitting right next to them, the volume is so low that they're pretty much useless.

Even listening to my different playlists through my earbuds (tried like 5 different pairs)...the volume just isn't there.

It's not just me, my phone, or my speakers either. I know quite a few people, all with different phones and different speakers, who have been experiencing these same problems. I keep waiting for an update to fix this problem but I've been waiting for WAY TOO LONG now. I guess this is my first step in trying to correct this problem before i finally give up on iphones (I really don't want to go this route but i see no choice unless i can get this fixed.)

Has anyone else experienced this? Considering the fact that i personally know at least 5-6 other people who this is happening to, i imagine that this problem has to be pretty rampant. Then again, I'm finding little luck looking for solutions online or even seeing others talking about it.

Does anyone know a solution?

Perhaps this is a common problem? If so, Apple has to be aware and working on a solution, right?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, and I haven't noticed. If others have, hopefully, they'll reply soon.

PittFanIAm

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
So I asked around...of the people i know that have been experiencing this problem, they all have a 5 or a 6. Maybe it's not a problem with 7?

When you say that your volume is too loud if anything, do you mean your general volume or are you specifically talking about mp3s? My volume is fine except for the music/mp3s that i have on my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1