Mail application push notification

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Is their a way for the mail app on my iPhone to alert me for new emails right away rather then the 15 min delay? I like the stock mail app. But I'd rather be alerted right away

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is their a way for the mail app on my iPhone to alert me for new emails right away rather then the 15 min delay? I like the stock mail app. But I'd rather be alerted right away

If your email service allows for it, go to Settings -> Mail -> Accounts -> Fetch New Data, and then make sure that "Push" is enabled and then change the push settings for your email account from "Fetch" to "Push".

Last edited:

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
If your email serevice allows for it, go to Settings -> Mail -> Accounts -> Fetch New Data, and then make sure that "Push" is enabled and then change the push settings for your email account from "Fetch" to "Push".

Thank you for the reply. It is set to push. I have gmail

039628b3ac773a82f6d2e516b5e4ecbe.png

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Set fetch to 15 minutes for Gmail in the stock Mail app. It's the best Google allows with Gmail with stock. Mine is set every hour. That's good enough for me. Or open it manually. It pushes then.

Thank you for the reply. I just prefer when a email comes I get notified. I love apples stock mail app. But looks like I will have to stick to Gmail for now

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I just prefer when a email comes I get notified. I love apples stock mail app. But looks like I will have to stick to Gmail for now

You're very welcome, but you can always forward your gmail to your iCloud account and get instant notifications for them...:)

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the same problem I have with my accounts that come with my domains. No Push option despite the accounts supporting IMAP IDLE which does support push email on every other platform except iOS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2