no shutter sound on iphone6s plus camera

I

iMore Question

I have a iphone 6s Plus and when i take a picture it does not make the shutter sound. The Live is off and the mute is off. It made the shutter sound yesterday and today it doesn't. I like the sound so I know the picture took. Thanks. Linda

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Did you try a reset? Power button and home button at the same time. Release when the apple logo appears.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Here are a couple of things to check to start with.

1. Verify your mute is off. Maybe something caught the switch.

2. Check the volume on your phone. Maybe it's lower than you thought you was.

3. If you use any Bluetooth speakers of any kind, verify your phone is not connected to them and trying to play sound out of them.

4. If everything else is verified and you still are not hearing the shutter sound then first force the camera app. Double click the home button and swipe up on the camera app.

5. If all else is verified and after force closing the camera app the shutter sound still is not there then hard reset your phone. Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears.

6. Of all else is verified, force closing the camera app, and hard resetting your phone did not restore your shutter sound. Make a Genius Bar appointment if you have an Apple Store nearby.

Bill Allerton

May 20, 2017
Visit site
If you pull up the control panel from the bottom of the lock screen and swipe it to the left there is another part of the panel. On that is a volume slider. You will find this is set to minimum as a default. Set it to maximum and the camera click comes back. Thankfully...

Spike1947

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
Bill Allerton
Re: no shutter sound on iphone6s and 6s plus camera

If you pull up the control panel from the bottom of the lock screen and swipe it to the left there is another part of the panel. On that is a volume slider. You will find this is set to minimum as a default. Set it to maximum and the camera click comes back. Thankfully...

Thank you Bill, I would never of found that out in a month on Sunday .
5*****
Spike

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Bill Allerton
Re: no shutter sound on iphone6s and 6s plus camera

Thank you Bill, I would never of found that out in a month on Sunday .
5*****
Spike

Hello and welcome to iMore! I'm sure that you will find the help you're looking for. When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77