Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tartarus
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

Default iMessage activation

Hi,

I have iphone 6s plus and iphone 5. My iphone 6s plus has no issue in iMesage activation, but when I tried to activate my iphone 5's iMessage, it cannot be activated, after awaiting for activation for some time, it stated failed. I've tried several tips and trick but still failed

Any solution for this ?

Ps : both 5 and 6s plus used different operator simcard

Default Re: iMessage activation

both on iOS 10.0.2?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

Yes, both with the latest ios

Disable wifi and activate it again.
    zocster likes this.

another thing I am thinking of is actually login in to the web on PC/Mac and remove your number, and readding them from there...
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Disable wifi and activate it again.

Done that, but still failed. I even had already reset to factory

Quote Originally Posted by zocster View Post
    another thing I am thinking of is actually login in to the web on PC/Mac and remove your number, and readding them from there...
    How's so ? The phone no is not registered or activated yet at the phone
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

Finally, I succeeded to activate my other number on iphone 5 (after various solution from internet, long discussion both apple help staff and carrier customer service - which gave no solution).

Although it's not so important for me to activate iMessage, still .. my curiosity won

I tried to logout all my apple id and icloud from iphone 5, reset to factory, login to apple id from my mac, remove my device (iphone 5), re activated my iphone 5 with the same apple id, and finally a notification at my macbook to add my phone number to the "can be reached at / contact information"

All run well ..... my appleid email, icloud email and 2 phone number , all showed at the "can be reached at / contact information / send & receive"

I restart my macbook, iphone 6s + and iphone 5, and again all run well (for iMessages as well)

BUT ..... my newly add phone number disappeared from appleid - "can be reached at" and "contact information". But still showed at "send & receive" iMessages and FaceTime (which still run well)

Try to re-add the phone number from "add" menu at appleid (both browser and contact information from icloud), but it stated "cannot add, already registered for this phone number (or something like that)

This iMessage , FaceTime, appleID, icloud thing is really a mess and confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Hendri kusliawan View Post
    Finally, I succeeded to activate my other number on iphone 5 (after various solution from internet, long discussion both apple help staff and carrier customer service - which gave no solution).

Although it's not so important for me to activate iMessage, still .. my curiosity won

I tried to logout all my apple id and icloud from iphone 5, reset to factory, login to apple id from my mac, remove my device (iphone 5), re activated my iphone 5 with the same apple id, and finally a notification at my macbook to add my phone number to the "can be reached at / contact information"

All run well ..... my appleid email, icloud email and 2 phone number , all showed at the "can be reached at / contact information / send & receive"

I restart my macbook, iphone 6s + and iphone 5, and again all run well (for iMessages as well)

BUT ..... my newly add phone number disappeared from appleid - "can be reached at" and "contact information". But still showed at "send & receive" iMessages and FaceTime (which still run well)

Try to re-add the phone number from "add" menu at appleid (both browser and contact information from icloud), but it stated "cannot add, already registered for this phone number (or something like that)

This iMessage , FaceTime, appleID, icloud thing is really a mess and confusing
    I'm not sure what all you have done or haven't done. It was always simple for me. I only set up my phones on the phone. I never used a computer. Not sure what else you can do. What happens when you go to Settings > contacts > my info> go to your contact and tap on it? IOS 10.x
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I'm not sure what all you have done or haven't done. It was always simple for me. I only set up my phones on the phone. I never used a computer. Not sure what else you can do. What happens when you go to Settings > contacts > my info> go to your contact and tap on it? IOS 10.x
    On my: settings/mail,calendar,contacts/my info, there's nothing (on both my phone) When I click this option, it brings up my contacts folder - There's no "my phone"

Anyhow, I created "my phone/my info" for one of my phone, and select it at the "my info setting". And now menu phone , " my info" appear at the top of "contact" (which used to be my phone number. This phone number has never has any issue at imes or else

I tried to select "my phone" from my other phone, but can't find it. Doesn't it suppose to sync through my icloud ? (For the phonebook/contact" ? (This phone no is the one which dissappeared)

On my: settings/mail,calendar,contacts/my info, there's nothing (on both my phone) When I click this option, it brings up my contacts folder - There's no "my phone"

Anyhow, I created "my phone/my info" for one of my phone, and select it at the "my info setting". And now menu phone , " my info" appear at the top of "contact" (which used to be my phone number. This phone number has never has any issue at imes or else

I tried to select "my phone" from my other phone, but can't find it. Doesn't it suppose to sync through my icloud ? (For the phonebook/contact" ? (This phone no is the one which dissappeared)
    Not "my phone". It's "my info".
    Go to Settings > Contacts > my info

Tap on "my info" and it takes you to your contact card in contacts. Then tap on your name in the contacts menu.
    This is on iOS 10. My info will be in Mail, Contacts and Calendar > contacts on older OS.

When you tap on Settings > phone, what number shows? Is it yours?

Have you set up a contact card for yourself?
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

Not "my phone". It's "my info".
    Go to Settings > Contacts > my info
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...54bec9a907.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0de94039cb.jpg

Tap on "my info" and it takes you to your contact card in contacts. Then tap on your name in the contacts menu.
    This is on iOS 10. My info will be in Mail, Contacts and Calendar > contacts on older OS.
    When you tap on Settings > phone, what number shows? Is it yours?

Have you set up a contact card for yourself?

My name is not in the contacts menu (should I add/create my own phone number/contact on phonebook?). I haven't set up a contact card. How to do it ?

On setting > phone, my number is correct

Today, all my number, appleid and icloud email address re-appeared again (strange huh?)

My name is not in the contacts menu (should I add/create my own phone number/contact on phonebook?). I haven't set up a contact card. How to do it ?

Today, all my number, appleid and icloud email address re-appeared again (strange huh?)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...5f667a34af.jpg
    Yes, create your own contact card. Add your number, email address/addresses, home address and social media if you desire that. If you use just one email, be sure it's your default email address.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...5f667a34af.jpg
    Where are you seeing that contact info page? I don't have that on my phone.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

Yes, create your own contact card. Add your number, email address/addresses, home address and social media if you desire that. If you use just one email, be sure it's your default email address.

Just to reconfirm, what you meant by create own contact card is to manually add our own contact on our phonebook (contact) ?

Where are you seeing that contact info page? I don't have that on my phone.
    From setting > icloud > click at our appleid > input password > contact information

Just to reconfirm, what you meant by create own contact card is to manually add our own contact on our phonebook (contact) ?

From setting > icloud > click at our appleid > input password > contact information
    OK. I meant add your contact in the contacts app. Tap the + and fill in a card with your info as you would anyone else.