Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pkcable
  • 1 Post By Rob Phillips
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Notification feature

Hi,

Windows Phone has a feature that prevents a sequence of notifications from the same app. It works like this: if someone text you (different lines):
    "H
    e
    l
    l
    o"

You won't get 5 rings, but just one.

The iphone has something like this? Perhaps an app to control notifications?

Default Notification feature

Welcome to iMore, Pedro! iOS does not have a feature that consolidates Messages notifications. There are no third party apps available to accomplish this simply because Apple does not give third parties access to notification settings for stock apps.

It wouldn't hurt to submit some feedback to Apple at http://www.apple.com/feedback.
    Q&A Jedi

Default Re: Notification feature

As my "devilish" (inside joke) friend said, the iPhone does NOT have such a feature, HOWEVER you DO have some control over notifications and how they work and alert you on an app by app basis. IF the messages app gets too annoying you might consider turning sound for example, or making other tweaks to it. In the following thread I explain how to access that area (for FaceBook, BUT it's the same for iMessages)....

How do I delete FaceBook items on iPhone?
    Rob Phillips likes this.

Default Re: Notification feature

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    As my "devilish" (inside joke) friend said, the iPhone does NOT have such a feature, HOWEVER you DO have some control over notifications and how they work and alert you on an app by app basis. IF the messages app gets too annoying you might consider turning sound for example, or making other tweaks to it. In the following thread I explain how to access that area (for FaceBook, BUT it's the same for iMessages)....

How do I delete FaceBook items on iPhone?
    Oh no you didn't....
    pkcable likes this.