Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default what does it mean when it says verification failed as i am trying to reset my i phone 6

it is telling me verification failed there was an error connecting to the apple id server

Default Re: what does it mean when it says verification failed as i am trying to reset my i phone 6

Welcome to iMore!

It means you can not connect to Apple's server for verification. It happens on occasion. I was trying to reset my iPhone 5 yesterday and got the same message. Left it be until today and all was good so I was able to reset my phone. Try it tomorrow, you will most likely have no problem.
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: what does it mean when it says verification failed as i am trying to reset my i phone 6

It's probably because of the unstable internet connections. Wait for a while and try again. Or you can turn off the WLAN and switch to cellular data if you have enough data plan. 4G is more stale than WLAN sometimes.