Why can't I add or edit a contact?

I

iMore Question

iOS 10 iPhone 6

A friend shared a contact with me. I opened it and added it to my contacts as a new contact. When I go into contacts it isn't there, though. The new friend texted me and their name didn't pop up.

I turned off iCloud and still the problem persists. Any ideas?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
There's no known issue that I know of that pertains to contacts. Try setting up the contact number manually

giantfannc

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
There's no known issue that I know of that pertains to contacts. Try setting up the contact number manually

I typed all the info into a new contact, and it worked fine. I could do that before, though. What I want to do is to update or add a new contact that someone shares with me.

Footfury

May 1, 2012
Visit site
This should be a known issue. We can't be the only two people that have this problem. Yes, I can enter it manually but if that's what I'm supposed to do then it shouldn't give me the option to add a new contact when the contact has been texted to me.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know, if someone send you a contact it is only the number that goes to the new contact. You may have a nickname or some other name that you want attached to that number. The system would not know that. I have done a few that were sent to me and only the number was imported when I hit add as new contact.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77