how do i get my notes back on IPhone 4

I

iMore Question

I have a new phone (IPhone 5s) and my old phone (IPhone 4). I kept my old one so I could write most of notes on there but I took my sim card out and kept the number when I changed phones.

I went on my notes and all 40 got deleted! A notification popped up and told me to turn on notes on icloud, so I did and it added the small notes from my IPhone 5s to my 4. I tried turning the notes off of icloud on the 4 again, but it said the notes would be deleted, so I didn't change anything because I didn't want those notes to get deleted either.

How do I get my notes on my 4 back and why did they get deleted in the first place? I need them urgently because they are very important.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the notes are indeed associated with an iCloud account, login to iCloud via a computer then verify that the notes are present. If they are, then just enable the toggle next to Notes on your devices and they should sync. If you disable the toggle next to Notes in the iCloud settings then the notes will be deleted "from the device" but not from your iCloud account. Re-enabling the toggle would cause the notes to re-sync to your device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2