I want to get rid of books on my iPad.

I

iMore Question

I'm looking for a way to get rid of books I bought to read on my iPad. I do not want to save them at all, and I do not want any books n my phone. Can someone help me please?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well you can't delete the iBooks app itself, it's a system app, BUT you can delete books. Go to the App, then My Books, then Select, then you'll see a circle to the left of all your books, mark any circle and you'll get the option to delete.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you're running iOS 10 on your device you can delete the iBooks app like any other app you'd delete, by holding down the app icon and wait till it jiggles and tapping the 'X'.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well you can't delete the iBooks app itself, it's a system app, BUT you can delete books. Go to the App, then My Books, then Select, then you'll see a circle to the left of all your books, mark any circle and you'll get the option to delete.

If you're running iOS 10 on your device you can delete the iBooks app like any other app you'd delete, by holding down the app icon and wait till it jiggles and tapping the 'X'.

Combining for "best answer"

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you can delete books. You can hide them. I've been trying to delete a couple books a long time. It's like trying to delete app purchases in the App Store.

Yea I believe it accomplishes what he wants, gets it off the hard drive.

melmurphy

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if I need to start a new question. This question sort of pertains to original question so here goes. Once the book is hidden and sometime in future you want to read the book again, How do you unhide the book?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if I need to start a new question. This question sort of pertains to original question so here goes. Once the book is hidden and sometime in future you want to read the book again, How do you unhide the book?

You would reverse the process, clicking on select and THEN you'll see the book you deleted check in and then click on the cloud icon to the right of the book. The cloud icon means it's still available to download (you own it) but its not on your device. :) NOTE: This will use your cellular data unless you are on WiFi. :)

JimMLINY

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I deleted books by signing in to iTunes on my notebook, going to books, selecting, delete button and selecting send to recycle bin.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To bring them all back,
Tap "all books" at the top.
Then go to the bottom and toggle hide iCloud books off.
99b948a1c0845194f81e6ed3b522fad6.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2