Optimize Storage Option in Music Settings
My only complaint with Apple Music was the inability to delete cache'd music files that eat up space on my 16GB phone. In the past I would use the little trick of turning off iCloud Music Library and turning back on to free up 1-1.5GB in space. Problem with that is sometimes music would be missing from my library and I would have to go back and re-add it.
I see a new option in settings titled "Optimize Storage". I see that the iPhone will remove music from local storage if not played in awhile. What I don't get is the minimum storage selection. Is this selecting the maximum amount that will be stored? If I select None...does that mean No music will be stored locally?
If I select 1GB...appears that up to 1GB of music could be stored locally.
- 09-14-2016, 10:51 AM #2
- 09-14-2016, 10:59 AM #3
- 09-14-2016, 11:01 AM #4
- 09-14-2016, 12:08 PM #5Q&A Jedi
- 3,367 Posts
Re: Optimize Storage Option in Music Settings
Here's the iMore blog on it. Maybe they removed the feature before the beta went live?
How to use optimized storage for Music in iOS 10 on your iPhone or iPad | iMore
- 09-14-2016, 12:39 PM #6
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 09-17-2016, 10:04 AM
- By Sicily1918 in forum iOS 10Replies: 10Last Post: 09-15-2016, 05:57 PM
- By cjohn4043 in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 8Last Post: 09-14-2016, 09:10 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-14-2016, 08:32 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-14-2016, 03:59 AM