- iMore Nanite
- 5 Posts
Switch off Whatsapp background activities
Whatsapp is draining my battery. If I switch off background update, will I still get notifications? Can I set it of for groups, but keep it on for individual contacts or select which ones should update? If I switch it off, will it improve battery life significantly?
- 08-11-2016, 08:28 PM #2
- 10,934 Posts
Re: Switch off Whatsapp background activities
Yes you will get notifications for whatsapp even with background refresh disabled.
You can mute individual chats as well as groups so you won't get notifications for those chats.
But in all fairness, disabling anything whatsapp related won't do you any good as whatsapp is already battery friendly, at least for me it is.
In addition, you can check which apps use how much of your battery by going to Settings > Battery. There you will see battery usage per app.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2016, 11:58 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2016, 02:51 PM
- By NGViana in forum WhatsApp for iOSReplies: 0Last Post: 08-10-2016, 09:18 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2016, 08:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2016, 02:23 PM