How to view wifi passwords in iPhone 4

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Unless your iPhone is jailbreak, you can use ifile to navigate to the file that store wifi password of the wifi that ever connected to the iPhone.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Do you have a source (link) that indicates that is is for security reasons?

Wifi passwords are hidden to prevent others from getting them, regardless of the Apple device. There's entirely too many scenarios... devices for students used in schools connected to wifi, devices connected to wifi for employees used at companies, parents who don't want their kids seeing the wifi password, parents who don't want their kids friends seeing the password on their device... etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc..

Last edited:

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Wifi passwords are hidden to prevent others from getting them, regardless of the Apple device. There's entirely too many scenarios... devices for students used in schools connected to wifi, devices connected to wifi for employees used at companies, parents who don't want their kids seeing the wifi password, parents who don't want their kids friends seeing the password on their device... etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc..
Or ... Apple did it that way for other reasons ...

They could have easily made it such that one could view one's stored WiFi passwords by entering the security code or password on the device. This would have still been secure.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Or ... Apple did it that way for other reasons

Apple is all about security. I can't think of any other reasons, but I do encourage posting thoughts and ideas.

They could have easily made it such that one could view one's stored WiFi passwords by entering the security code or password on the device. This would have still been secure.

I wholeheartedly agree. 100%.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2