Hi guys,Lately I have been having issues when I transfer music from my iTunes Library to my iPhone.

I

iMore Question

Hi guys,

Lately I have been having issues when I transfer music from my iTunes Library to my iPhone.

The problem is that iTunes suddenly does not sync the artists correctly.

For example, I do not have enough space on my iPhone for my entire music library, so I have to choose which artists I want on my iPhone, so when I for example says that I want to have my music from Metallica on the iPhone, it might give me my Beatles songs instead.

However, in iTunes it appears as if I have chosen to put Metallica on the iPhone. I cannot see what music that actually is on my iPhone before I have synced it.

Also, many of the artists are now listed several times in the menu where you have to chose which artists you want on your iPhone/iPod.

It is really annoying so I was hoping that someone could help me get my iTunes on my MacBook Air and iPhone 5 to work together again.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to iMore.

Seems to me like your music database is corrupted. Have you tried 'consolidate music files' or something similar to that term on your MacBook?

You can also go to the songs tab and right click on a song and 'get info' to see if everything is alright per song.

I'm not behind my computer at the moment so I can't help you further, but if you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.