Can I download data from an iPad onto an ext hard drive & view in Microsoft Windows?

I

iMore Question

My sons I-Pad has a shattered face but still works. He is disabled and was given the I-Pad as a gift. We have no other apple devices in our home and I would like to save all the photos and data he has collected since his accident. Can I down load the data off his I-pad and save it to an external hard drive or my laptop which runs a windows program.?

Also if I replaced his I-pad with a windows tablet can I upload his data back onto the tablet??

Thankyou
Thelma

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I download data from an iPad onto an ext hard drive & view in Microsoft Windows?

You should be able to drag and drop the pics from the iPad to your computer's desktop or use iTunes to transfer the pics over to it. As for "data he has collected since his accident", that'll depend on the data and the apps / service used to access the data. For example, if he has documents that sync to a cloud service like iCloud, Dropbox, Evernote, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, etcetera, then he can login to those services via a web browser on a computer and download those documents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2