Spotlight and News
I have an iPhone 6s Plus, first iPhone or any Apple product. I really like the spotlight feature, especially because of the news suggestions. But those ha e disappeared last week. Is there anyway I can get it back? Also, I really like Apple News, but it's getting a bit "cluttered". Is there anyway I can reset the Apple News app to get it to when you launch for the first time and ask you your interest in those bubbles?
Thank you for any help, the 6s Plus has definitely converted me to loving iPhone!
- 05-19-2016, 06:12 AM #2
Re: Spotlight and News
You can delete news sources by going to "favorites" at the bottom> Tap "edit" at the top right > Tap the X on a news source to delete. Then add the ones you want in. AFAIK, there is no "clear all" button.
On Spotlight Search, first try toggling it off, then back on in Settings. It that doesn't work, do this:
1.Toggle Siri Suggestions off
2. Turn off Siri and allow "hey Siri".
3. Turn off Location Services
4. Reset Network Settings
Reset Network Settings Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.
5. Now a hard reset
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
6. Now enable the Siri Suggestions, Siri from Spotlight, Turn On Location Services and setup Wi-Fi on your device.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 05-22-2016, 03:45 PM
- By samduffy in forum Apple PayReplies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2016, 09:47 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2016, 06:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2016, 05:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBookReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2016, 04:27 PM