Changing friends last name on my iphone 6 & ipad in Facebook messenger

I

iMore Question

Changing my daughter's last name on my iphone 6 and ipad in messenger.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You can change a persons name in Facebook Messenger, but it only shows on your side. Not theirs. To show on their side they have to log in to their own Facebook account and change it.

Be specific in what you're asking so we know exactly how to help you.

dolovo2

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
My friend changed her last name and it is showing up correctly on all my devices, except for my iphone 6 and my ipad Facebook messenger. That sidebar still remains as her former name. Is there a way I can change that on my devices? She has changed her last name everywhere she possibly can and it still won't change in my messenger. People without apple products have had no problem with the change...it has automatically changed for them.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
She has changed her last name everywhere she possibly can and it still won't change in my messenger.

You can try un-friending and having her re-friend you to see it that unclogs it. No guarantees that it'll work though.

People without apple products have had no problem with the change...it has automatically changed for them.

I had the same issue on my Galaxy S4 Android device and I've seen it on my desktop computer. This is not an iOS issue.