- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Iphone says "searching..." instead of carrier?
Okay so my phone started having a weird issue last night(iphone 5c). I was texting my girlfriend and she was texting a response(has iphone too) and my phone died because the battery was low. When i turned my phone back on it was saying "searching..." forever. I tried all the tricks. I turned on airplane mode, soft reset several time, and finally i decided to do a hard reset which was the thing that ruined it all. Since doing that hard reset from my phone, I can not complete the activation. It says "We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time." on the computer and phone just says something similar, but it is still searching...I don't know what to do, and I dont have a warranty so i can;t replace it from Apple. Suggestions?
- 03-14-2016, 05:28 AM #2
- 5,525 Posts
Re: Iphone says "searching..." instead of carrier?
Sorry to hear about the troubles with your phone! Have you tried ejecting the SIM card and putting it back in? Doesn't seem like anything you did would cause the issue. You already did a full restore, so this may not do the trick, but try resetting network settings under Settings -> General -> Reset
If that doesn't work, I wonder if the SIM card is bad -- can you get a new one and try it?
- By Slammed925 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 21Last Post: 03-21-2016, 03:39 PM
- By Just_Me_D in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 15Last Post: 03-20-2016, 11:19 AM
- By jianrong in forum iPhoneReplies: 16Last Post: 03-17-2016, 07:04 PM
- By Samuel Orris in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 03-16-2016, 06:43 AM
- By JaySeeDoubleYou in forum Mac MiniReplies: 7Last Post: 03-13-2016, 05:34 PM