Why is my phone not ringing?

I

iMore Question

I have a 5C Iphone that does not ring. It vibrates but does not ring. I have rebooted it, checked setup, changed my ringtone. Nothing works. Help!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It appears that you did everything except check the mute switch on the side of the device.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It appears that you did everything except check the mute switch on the side of the device.

Am I the only one who thinks Apple dropped the ball on this one? There should be a muted sound icon when the mute button is active. They added a moon icon for DND, why not the mute button. Rhetorical question of course.

images.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks Apple dropped the ball on this one? There should be a muted sound icon when the mute button is active. They added a moon icon for DND, why not the mute button. Rhetorical question of course.

Do I think they "dropped the ball on this one"? Not really, but it wouldn't hurt if they added an icon depicting a muted speaker in the status bar for people who aren't quick to check the mute switch when they don't receive any audible alerts....

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
an icon depicting a muted speaker in the status bar

See, I think they totally dropped the ball there. IMHO it's just common sense for it to be there when in mute mode. There's 22 different status icons depicting what mode your phone is in, and that one should just be there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2