How can I fix a Facebook Messenger problem on my iPod Touch 6?

Doug0722

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Facebook Messenger problem ipod touch 6

My facebook messenger shows a grey icon near my name instead of the blue bolt logo and also on the facebook app the messenger icon is on the bottom of the screen instead of the top where it's suppose to be. Any solutions to fixing this.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Facebook Messenger problem ipod touch 6

Have you updated Facebook and Facebook Messenger? All the icons in the Facebook app are on the bottom now. They may show at the top in your browser though.
Do you have the app for Facebook Messenger downloaded? If you use the app, it should show the blue icon.

In the Facebook app, Messenger is at the bottom:
930c3c9bd9239008837a2285ed866fe6.jpg

Doug0722

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site

Yeah i have both latest versions of the messenger app and facebook installed on my ipod touch 6 the problem is it's still showing the grey facebook logo instead of the messenger bolt. image.png

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Have you been able to receive calls via FB Messenger? If not, then that's why. Your device may not support calls over wifi.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

I don't think the gray f has anything to do with calling.

I think you're right. I went ahead and installed it on my iPod and mine does have the blue lightening bolt icon. I'm at a loss. His icon should be the blue bolt because he has Messenger installed. Even if you take chat offline the blue icon is still there.

Doug0722

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site

Yeah everything works in messenger just that annoyance with the logo but it could just be a bug that one future update might fix.

Doug0722

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Fixed the problem. Deleted messenger and facebook on my mom's tablet reinstalled it signed in with my account on both things. Deleted facebook and messenger and reinstalled on hers to put her fb and messenger info back. Then reinstalled both on mine and it finally said i had messenger. My friend just had to reinstall his on one his iphone to see it updated.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Fixed the problem. Deleted messenger and facebook on my mom's tablet reinstalled it signed in with my account on both things. Deleted facebook and messenger and reinstalled on hers to put her fb and messenger info back. Then reinstalled both on mine and it finally said i had messenger. My friend just had to reinstall his on one his iphone to see it updated.

Great!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2