Is anyone else experiencing audio issues with CarPlay and music/phone calls in their vehicles?

I

iMore Question

I just bought a new 2016 VW Passat and here's what I'm running into (2 issues):

Issue 1:
- I have phone plugged into USB, enabling carplay
- I am playing music through the car's own radio
- Phone call comes through carplay
- When call is over, the stereo doesn't recognize that call has ended so I can't get volume on the radio, even after turning device on/off. Anyone else run into this? It feels like a bug

Issue 2:
- Playing Pandora through Carplay
- I receive phone call, it does not mute the Pandora so I have both Pandora and phone call simultaneously (HUGE aggravation)
- I also ran into this with the Apple Maps - usually if you're playing music and another app starts providing audio (like the apple maps voice) it will lower or mute the radio/Pandora. It doesn't seem like the connectivity is working correctly.

Like I said, my car is brand new so I don't know if these are known bugs that will need to be worked out by Apple or some issue with VW? Any insight would be appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the "CarPlay" feature in my car, but hopefully someone who does will be along to answer your question soon.:)

stevecycles

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I am having a similar issue, but no thoughts on how to solve it.
i.e. Sometimes when I plug my iPhone 6s into my Pioneer unit with CarPlay, MyMusic cannot be heard - I can play with the volume and mute controls on the Pioneer unit and/or the iPhone without successfuly restoring the sound of MyMusic, I can even unplug the iPhone and MyMusic still cannot be heard (on the iPhone) - I usually have to restart the iPhone to get it working again.
Any ideas out there?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77