Is anyone else experiencing audio issues with CarPlay and music/phone calls in their vehicles?
I just bought a new 2016 VW Passat and here's what I'm running into (2 issues):
- I have phone plugged into USB, enabling carplay
- I am playing music through the car's own radio
- Phone call comes through carplay
- When call is over, the stereo doesn't recognize that call has ended so I can't get volume on the radio, even after turning device on/off. Anyone else run into this? It feels like a bug
- Playing Pandora through Carplay
- I receive phone call, it does not mute the Pandora so I have both Pandora and phone call simultaneously (HUGE aggravation)
- I also ran into this with the Apple Maps - usually if you're playing music and another app starts providing audio (like the apple maps voice) it will lower or mute the radio/Pandora. It doesn't seem like the connectivity is working correctly.
Like I said, my car is brand new so I don't know if these are known bugs that will need to be worked out by Apple or some issue with VW? Any insight would be appreciated.
- 01-23-2016, 05:47 PM #2
- 03-15-2016, 12:56 AM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Is anyone else experiencing audio issues with CarPlay and music/phone calls in their vehicles?
I am having a similar issue, but no thoughts on how to solve it.
i.e. Sometimes when I plug my iPhone 6s into my Pioneer unit with CarPlay, MyMusic cannot be heard - I can play with the volume and mute controls on the Pioneer unit and/or the iPhone without successfuly restoring the sound of MyMusic, I can even unplug the iPhone and MyMusic still cannot be heard (on the iPhone) - I usually have to restart the iPhone to get it working again.
Any ideas out there?
- By pr1nce in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 7Last Post: 01-23-2016, 05:06 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-23-2016, 12:26 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2016, 11:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-23-2016, 07:26 AM
- By iphone6dummy in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2016, 06:28 AM