Why won't my iTunes music play songs consecutively?

I

iMore Question

On all of my apple devices when I play iTunes, either my playlists or just my library, the songs won't play consecutively and stop after every song ends. When I designate repeat, it repeats the same song over and over. All of the songs are check marked my iTunes library or playlist.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't know what to tell you because I've yet to experience that. Hopefully, someone who has and have a remedy will respond soon.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to a song and play with these icons at the bottom until you get it right. It's what I did. I just don't know what I did to fix it exactly. LOL But it's there.
7aafc068901bff09faae099da9f6d7b1.506665

cootiequeen2

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I'm having this problem also. it seems like it has something to do with the last update. There are no symbols that I have been able to find to make any difference. Really, only shuffle and there's some other symbols like play next and play last. I don't understand what those are for and they don't seem to do anything anyway.
Really frustrating that I have to manually advance each song. It just stays stuck on the same song.

cootiequeen2

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I just solved my own problem, or my cat did.
With your playlist open, tap one of the songs to start playing it. The album cover will come up while displaying the song in the mini player at the bottom. Tap the song in the mini player and then you can scroll down just enough to where you can see the 'shuffle ' and 'repeat' buttons. If they are highlighted they're on. Just tap to turn off.
I give credit to my cat who was obviously playing with the phone when I had my back turned. When I came back to it. Everything was there for me to see and I figured it out.

rob307

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
Go to the main display for the song (with the album cover) and slide that UP. You will see a shuffle button and a repeat button. Both may be highlighted or only the repeat may be highlighted. In any event, click on the buttons until you see only the shuffle button highlighted. Hope this helps.

JointHeir

Apr 27, 2018
Visit site
Songs would not play consecutively in my iPhone X playlists. The basic problem, I found, was that I had inadvertently turned on Shuffle. The Shuffle key on the main playlist screen does not light or change in any way when touched, so I didn't know it was on. To fix the problem I chose a song to play; in this case, the first one on the list, but it can be any song. While it was playing, I touched the title of the same song at the bottom of the screen which took me to a different screen. Scrolling down a bit, I saw a list titled "Up Next." It showed the random order in which the songs would be playing. It was on this screen that I noticed the Shuffle key was illuminated. I touched it to turn it off, and the "Up Next" list immediately mirrored that of my Playlist, meaning that the songs would from that point forward play consecutively. This worked for me. I hope it helps you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2