- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Why won't my iPhone5 connect to iTunes on my MacBook?
I had to restore and back up my iPhone5 yesterday because it went crazy and completely stopped working. Up until then my phone connected perfectly to my MacBook. Now when I plug my phone in it charges but iTunes says "the iPhone cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes" I've updated my iTunes and I'm using the newest version but it's still saying the same thing, I've tried restarting both my phone and my laptop, I've reset my phone settings, my laptop software is all up to date but nothing works.
- 12-21-2015, 06:34 PM #2
- 2,471 Posts
Re: Why won't my iPhone5 connect to iTunes on my MacBook?
Have you tried using a different usb cable? Is your iPhone unlocked when you connect it? If you restored your phone, your iphone may need to "trust" the macbook. If I remember correctly, unlock your phone and connect usb and then you have to tell your phone to trust the macbook.
- By Tempanys16 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-24-2015, 11:28 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 12-21-2015, 09:33 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-21-2015, 05:22 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-21-2015, 04:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 12-21-2015, 03:08 PM