why won't my Iphone 5s charge? I have tried multiple chargers
Will no longer take a charge
- 11-12-2015, 09:44 AM #2
Re: why won't my Iphone 5s charge? I have tried multiple chargers
Welcome to iMore! If your device will at least power up, there are a couple of things you can try:
1. Reset it by holding the power button and home button down until you see the Apple boot logo. Try charging again.
2. If that doesn't work, perform restore, preferably using iTunes and setting the phone up as a new device.
3. If you're still having issues, contact Apple Support.
If your iPhone won't even turn on, then there's obviously a hardware problem with the phone itself. Keep in mind batteries don't last forever. That lithium ion battery is designed to retain 80% capacity for 500 full battery cycles (fully draining, then fully charging). If it's a few years old it could just be that the battery has exceeded its operating life.
When you said "different chargers" you meant different lightning cables AND wall chargers, correct?
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2015, 02:24 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-12-2015, 10:05 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2015, 06:22 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2015, 05:15 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2015, 05:03 AM