Upgraded to iOS 9 but cannot complete setup because I can't sign in with thier Apple ID?

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded to ios 9 but cannot complete setup because I can't sign in with thier Apple ID

I'm an electronics guy but when IT isn't around I get passed their problems, so bare with me. I have never owned an apple product in my life and this is a work phone.

I think this is an Iphone 4 but it may be an Iphone 4s. I'm having a hard time telling.

Someone updated this phone to ios 9 but they cannot complete the install/ configuration because the login fails every time. At first I thought they had the wrong password, so I had it changed, that didn't help. Then I thought maybe the Wifi was not working so I tried 3G, no change.

I even tried to create a new account and that didn't work. I have a feeling there is some kind of compatibility issue but I don't know what it is or how to fix it.

Can you help, please.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Upgraded to ios 9 but cannot complete setup because I can't sign in with thier Apple ID

If the iCloud Activation lock has been enabled on the device, you will NOT be able to use the device without the proper Apple ID and associated passcode.

Hadrianus

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Upgraded to ios 9 but cannot complete setup because I can't sign in with thier Apple ID

If this isn't the issue, what else could be the problem?
For example, I cannot finish the set up process after I accept terms and conditions. It just gives out a notice "Could Not Sign In". Please help if informed how.

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site

I can use the account online. But what you describe sounds like the phone is registered to the account in some way and that there is a problem with this association. Is there a way to check if an iCloud Activation lock is set? I know this is the same account that was perviously used with the phone but can you change that association?

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site

"For example, I cannot finish the set up process after I accept terms and conditions. It just gives out a notice "Could Not Sign In". Please help if informed how. "

That is exactly what this phone is doing

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

"For example, I cannot finish the set up process after I accept terms and conditions. It just gives out a notice "Could Not Sign In". Please help if informed how. "

That is exactly what this phone is doing

Connect the device to your computer, and then initiate the computer's iTunes app (preferably, the latest iTunes version). When iTunes detects your device, select to update it if that option is available. If not, choose to restore it. Hopefully, you have a recent backup to restore to after the process is finished if you don't want to set it up as new. Having said that, if the iCloud Activation lock is enabled, you will still need to sign in with the associated ID and passcode I order to use the device.

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site

I did this and it asked me to update the phone again. So I did. Same problem. Then I tried to do a restore. Same problem. Tomorrow I will try to configure like a new phone.

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I believe iOS 9.1 fixed this issue. You should be able to plug into a computer and update to iOS 9.1 and then according to the release notes the problem should be fixed.

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I tried and it still fails after the terms and conditions. I tried restoring with a saved back up and then tried to restore like it is a new phone. I had updated my itunes then installed 9.1 but I still get the same response.

Eguzkia

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever figure out a way to get past the terms and conditions. I've finally updated my device and I am having your same problem. I have also attempted all the steps it looks like you tried. ???? Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded to iOS 9 but cannot complete setup because I can't sign in with thie...

Yeah I tried and it still fails after the terms and conditions. I tried restoring with a saved back up and then tried to restore like it is a new phone. I had updated my itunes then installed 9.1 but I still get the same response.

Did you ever figure out a way to get past the terms and conditions. I've finally updated my device and I am having your same problem. I have also attempted all the steps it looks like you tried. ???? Thanks!

Make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store or contact Apple Account Support regarding this matter.

The Barnicle

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I tried all that, Genious bar, Apple store or Apple account support. Nothing happened. Now im trying to download iTunes, thats my last resort.:raised-eyebrow:

kwaku junior

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

i had the same issue with my iphone 5s. after upgrading to 9.3 i can't complete the update. they said my ID can't be used to unlock this iphone.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
i had the same issue with my iphone 5s. after upgrading to 9.3 i can't complete the update. they said my ID can't be used to unlock this iphone.

I spoke with an Apple associate on the phone just this morning to confirm this; as long as you bring your device and both state ID and printed paper receipt they will reset the device for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2