Got the location of my lost ipad, should I just go and ask it back?

I

iMore Question

Hi, all

I left my ipad on a plane yesterday and I got the current location through find my iphone. Should I just go and knock the door? since nobody contact me for the whole day. Thank you for reading!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you decide to do that, I highly recommend you have the police meet you prior to approaching that location.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi, all

I left my ipad on a plane yesterday and I got the current location through find my iphone. Should I just go and knock the door? since nobody contact me for the whole day. Thank you for reading!

Depends. Do you have a death wish? Just want to get beat up? Call the police and get them to accompany you to the location.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree with taking an officer. That could go side ways quick!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ttammy1012

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for all the answers. I reported the lost to police already, but they said they can't just send people there, what they can do is very little...that's why I'm thinking to go there now..

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I reported the lost to police already, but they said they can't just send people there, what they can do is very little...
They should be able to provide assistance in recovering lost property... were I you, I'd go to the police department and request to speak to the highest ranking officer on duty...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for all the answers. I reported the lost to police already, but they said they can't just send people there, what they can do is very little...that's why I'm thinking to go there now..

Maybe not, but they can indeed be present in the area while you approach the home. If they can stand by while divorced couples transfer kids from one parent to the other, they can stand by while you ask for your device, especially if you have proof the device is indeed yours, in my opinion. Of course, jurisdictions may vary.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2