Music and videos got deleted off my phone?! But it's still in usage

I

iMore Question

Hey guys
So basically one time I unlock my phone and go into the music app and it says. "No content" and then something about downloading music from iTunes Store. This is exactly the same for videos app. Before this incident I had 20gb of music and about 60gb of videos and when I go into usage it still shows 2gb available so I know that the data is still there but whenever I go into the music or video app nothing shows up. I am jailbroken. I have disabled all the music app related tweaks. I have rebooted multiple times and tried in safe mode. None of which worked. I know someone will probably comment about the show all music toggle in settings and I know it isn't that because when I toggle that on it only shows purchased songs. Not the ones I had previously downloaded. Also in the about section in settings I have 0 songs and 95 videos. And I can't access those videos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
If anyone is wondering I am on iOS 8.3

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You'll have to do a full restore of the phone. Erase and reset and either set up as new or restore from a backup are the two things coming to mind. You'll lose your jailbreak however, so you will have to re-jailbreak after you do a full restore.

milescas

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
If I back up to iTunes will it backup the songs as well. Because I don't have my laptop with me but I have a friends so if I can up then restore from backup will the videos and music sync onto my phone?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If I back up to iTunes will it backup the songs as well. Because I don't have my laptop with me but I have a friends so if I can up then restore from backup will the videos and music sync onto my phone?

It will back up the songs, but I'm not sure if it will work if you use a laptop other than the one you used to set up your iTunes library. To be safe, I would recommend getting your laptop and back up/restore from there. If you use your friend's laptop, it may erase everything on the phone and not allow you to back up your old data.

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
You are absolutely right that is what will happen, you need to get your original computer , save and back up restore but unclick the icon in the sync menu in iTunes's that says pictures and videos , just click the music

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2