How do I reset my iPhone 4S if I do not know the Apple ID or passcode?
I was given an iphone 4s by my brother an I managed to wipe the phone and get it back to the factory settings. However when I attempt to restore the phone i get a message that is asking me for the apple ID and password for the device.
- 07-17-2015, 09:03 AM #2
- 07-17-2015, 09:17 AM #3iMore Genius
- 20,842 Posts
Re: How do I reset my iPhone 4S if I do not know the Apple ID or passcode?
That's Activation Lock...it can not be bypassed...you need to enter the AppleID and password...turn off Activation Lock... Then wipe/restore the device. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-17-2015, 09:56 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-17-2015, 08:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-17-2015, 08:32 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-17-2015, 07:56 AM