Factory Reset iCloud locked iPod via DFU?

I

iMore Question

I know that you can reset an iPod locked with a passcode via DFU and iTunes, can you do this with and iCloud locked one? I've heard it asks for you to login withe the iTunes account that originally locked the device. Is this true? I see dirt cheap perfect condition iPods on Craigslist (which are iCloud locked) and am not sure if it is worth the money. Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know that you can reset an iPod locked with a passcode via DFU and iTunes, can you do this with and iCloud locked one?
No, you cannot.
I've heard it asks for you to login withe the iTunes account that originally locked the device. Is this true?
No. It will ask you for the credentials of the iCloud account it is locked to.
I see dirt cheap perfect condition iPods on Craigslist (which are iCloud locked) and am not sure if it is worth the money. Thanks!
No, they are not worth the money because the iCloud Activation lock cannot be bypassed. The seller wins and the buyer loses. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Not worth the money. Activation Locked/iCloud Locked devices are only unlockable by the person with the AppleID it's locked to.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I know that you can reset an iPod locked with a passcode via DFU and iTunes, can you do this with and iCloud locked one? I've heard it asks for you to login withe the iTunes account that originally locked the device. Is this true? I see dirt cheap perfect condition iPods on Craigslist (which are iCloud locked) and am not sure if it is worth the money. Thanks!

Nope. You have two choices: enter the correct credentials or use it as a paperweight.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77