Can I use the wifi only version with mapping
I do not want to pay for using data on the cellular version but I do want to use the mapping system View Ranger. If I had the wifi only model I thought I could download the maps from wifi connection. Would the mapping then record (GPS wise) when out in the country?
- 03-17-2015, 07:37 AM #2iMore Genius
- 20,830 Posts
Re: Can I use the wifi only version with mapping
If that app stores full maps and point of information data on the device, all you need is an external GPS receiver that plugs in to the Lightning port, or connects via Bluetooth and you will have a fully functional device, that will work to the full extent of the app's capabilities.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 09-09-2015, 05:13 AM
- By Jay_Kuykendall in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 13Last Post: 03-18-2015, 03:28 PM
Why does the number of photos I have on my phone not tally with the number of photos I have according?By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 2Last Post: 03-17-2015, 02:35 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-16-2015, 11:16 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad AirReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2015, 07:36 PM