Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iambarbarian
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Does anyone else have trouble toggling the ringer/silent switch while iphone 6 in Lifeproof case?

Just put my iphone 6 in a Lifeproof case. It seems quite tough to get the ringer/silent switch to toggle back and forth. It doesn't always do it all the time. Anyone else have this trouble? I did find the "assistiveTouch tip to be able to access the settings to switch it back and forth on screen.
    Might I have to install the case with the toggle in a certain position for it to work properly?

Default Re: Does anyone else have trouble toggling the ringer/silent switch while iphone 6 in Lifeproof case

It was the same with the LP on the i5 but it will get easier as you use it
    iMore Genius

Default Re: Does anyone else have trouble toggling the ringer/silent switch while iphone 6 in Lifeproof case

If you push in at the same time it usually helps.
    iMore Nanite

I think I sprained my thumb trying to slide the switch! Bad design!!! Who the hell at that company thought this was acceptable???
    iMore Nanite

I can't get mine to work at all. I have to take the entire case off to turn off the ringer.
    iMore Nanite

The trick is to push in and go in the opposite direction you would when the phone is not in the case. The button on the case makes the toggle work in reverse, so to mute you push in and pull towards the front of the phone. To unmute, push in and push towards the back.
    iMore Nanite

Well, I can't help you directly with your problem, but I can tell you what the best solution is. Your main problem is that you bought an iPhone. iPhone's are terrible and have no real functionality beyond making phone calls, and acting as a paperweight. Anyone who has any idea what they are doing should buy a HTC.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by androidisbetter View Post
    Well, I can't help you directly with your problem, but I can tell you what the best solution is. Your main problem is that you bought an iPhone. iPhone's are terrible and have no real functionality beyond making phone calls, and acting as a paperweight. Anyone who has any idea what they are doing should buy a HTC.
    How is your elitist remark remotely pertinent to this thread? You like Androids? Get an Android. To each their own.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

mattmo865--Brilliant answer-thank you! Works perfectly! Counterintuitive yet perfectly logical once you realize why it works. Thanks again!
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by androidisbetter View Post
    Sorry to directly point this out to you, but you're biased towards Android. Your username completes it. Let people get the phone they want. I have some idea of what I am doing and I am an Apple person. Some people have different thoughts.

As for the Fre case from Lifeproof, you need to push it in the opposite direction that you want it to go. For instance, if you want to push the switch towards the screen side of the phone, you need to push it towards the back cover, and vice versa.
    iMore Nanite

I have the same problem and have missed several important phone calls! I found the solution, however, is to go to settings/general/accessability/assistive touch. This feature sets up an extra "toggle button" of sorts on your screen that you can access by touch. You're welcome😎
    iMore Nanite

Yes, going to settings/general/accessability/assistive touch works thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kristin reyes View Post
    I have the same problem and have missed several important phone calls! I found the solution, however, is to go to settings/general/accessability/assistive touch. This feature sets up an extra "toggle button" of sorts on your screen that you can access by touch. You're welcome
    I use it a lot. Even to take screenshots. Assistive Touch is a great feature most people don't take the time to check out.
    iMore Nanite

HELLO EVERYBODY I am here to solve all your problems (late but here) the reason your ringer isn't working is because your phone isn't pushed into the front of the case as it should. Soooo, to solve this problem I put a piece of a folded up napkin right over the apple on my phone and it solves it! I was just reading through these for a solution and I found one myself so here I am. Goodbye! Hopefully someone sees this ok
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by mattmo865 View Post
    The trick is to push in and go in the opposite direction you would when the phone is not in the case. The button on the case makes the toggle work in reverse, so to mute you push in and pull towards the front of the phone. To unmute, push in and push towards the back.

You're phenomenal. I've searched everywhere for a way to make it work you're a legit genius. I'm not being an ***. I'm just so happy.