Is my iPad 2 as good as a paper weight now?

Wrstlr316

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I have an unusual question. I recently went to do a total reset on my iPad 2 just to clear everything and start over because it was running a little sluggish, etc. Well, I had forgotten the password I used on my account that is apparently tied to my iPad as it won't let me sign up with a new one. Now normally this wouldn't be a problem, as I could just reset the password, however I have deleted that email address as well and have no others associated with it. So my question is what should I do. I tried calling Apple care but they wanted like $30 or $40 just to talk to them (unless I pressed the wrong thing on the menu). But it is registered in my name and I even have a receipt for it where I purchased it at a discounted price from an Apple Store when my previous iPad fell on the floor and cracked. Please help I would like to use it for some apps since my iPhone screen is a little small for some things...

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. ~ Groucho Marx

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can flat out tell you that Apple will more than likely not allow access without you providing the credentials associated with what I assume is the iCloud activation lock. It's a security matter that they take seriously.

Wrstlr316

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I did have them set up, and I answered them but the last time I tried they said they sent the password to my email address.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. ~ Groucho Marx

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2