- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
What is the depreciation curve on Apple products?
I'd like to see graphic curves over time for the resale value — say Gazelle — of various Apple products over time. This goes to how long the products hold value, and how the initial steep drop levels off. This can affect buying cycles and help people decide how long in general to hold onto their devices. This can also take into consideration memory, drive, and processor upgrades. My suspicion is that for resale value you want to minimally upgrade your device, but for personal use in the meantime upgrades can be of great value.
- 01-23-2015, 01:05 PM #2iMore Genius
- 4,772 Posts
Re: What is the depreciation curve on Apple products?
I haven't seen a study done by Apple. I glanced through the web and saw various charts that answer your question. I don't feel comfortable posting any since it would give me the impression that I'm advocating for one.
Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6 ️️️
- 01-23-2015, 03:44 PM #3
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 01-23-2015, 09:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-23-2015, 05:23 PM
- By KoenigPat in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-23-2015, 05:07 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-23-2015, 11:22 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-23-2015, 10:40 AM