What's the problem with iMessage?

Merlady

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I gave up on iMessage with iOS 7.XX and decided to give a try again with 8.XX. I'm experiencing the same problems. Some texts I send don't get delivered (I received error messages with do I want to send as a text), I don't get some messages, etc. My husand has the same problem. I've turned it off again on my iPhone 5 and my IPad Air 2. Missing receiving texts or people not getting mine won't work.

Am I missing something?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any problems with iMessage either. Do you have a good wifi signal? So you and your husband are signed in to iMessage and FaceTime? And you have iMessage Toggled on? Explain again what happens. Does it show blue or green when you text? Does it show "error" each time with everyone or just 1 person you text? If it shows green, then the other person either does not use an iPhone or they have iMessage turned off. Or they have their phone turned off. Non delivery sounds like a weak wifi or cellular signal. Does it work ok other places? Have you tried it at someone else's home?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

morrisbuttermaker

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I gave up on iMessage with iOS 7.XX and decided to give a try again with 8.XX. I'm experiencing the same problems. Some texts I send don't get delivered (I received error messages with do I want to send as a text), I don't get some messages, etc. My husand has the same problem. I've turned it off again on my iPhone 5 and my IPad Air 2. Missing receiving texts or people not getting mine won't work.

Am I missing something?

I was having a fair amount of problems with imessaging...a restore from new was the only thing that fixed it.

Merlady

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
It's probably people that don't have iMessage. So does that mean I have to know who doesn't have it and send them a separate SMS?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm confused about why it matters if the other person has iMessage or not? If I send a message and the other person doesn't have I message it will send as sms. The only issue I could think of is if someone had an iPhone and then went to something else and didn't properly turn off iMessage. Even then as long as you have "send as sms" turned on it should still send the message one way or the other.

If those bases are covered then it sounds like a carrier issue. I'm no expert though. Those are just my thoughts. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2