My new mail sound is not working

I

iMore Question

Set up my new mail notification sound. Was under the impression the sound would play alerting me of new Mail. Sound plays only when I open my mail box. I am using cox.net mail service and have set up my account info as required. My wife's new Air 2 plays a sound whenever she has new mail. Maybe my 2 year old iPad mini does not have the same option. Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

oldpos

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
My Mail app that came with my iPad Air has never given instant alerts, email alerts only work when I open the app. For that reason I don't like it.

I use 2 email apps, 1 for personal and 1 for work, keeps my emails tidy and separated.

For work, I use the Gmail app which give instant notifications even when the iPad is closed.

I'm looking for another app to do the same job for my private emails, anyone know of any that will give instant alerts?

Or have I got setup incorrect?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Set up my new mail notification sound. Was under the impression the sound would play alerting me of new Mail. Sound plays only when I open my mail box. I am using cox.net mail service and have set up my account info as required. My wife's new Air 2 plays a sound whenever she has new mail. Maybe my 2 year old iPad mini does not have the same option. Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

If you have fetch set to manually, you will only get mail when you open the mail app. And the alert sound as well. Check Settings >Mail,Contacts, Calendars >fetch new data>Scroll down to set fetch. Not on manually. I have my gmail set to fetch once every hour. You can set it once every 15 minutes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419142468.316172.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey there,
If you are using the default app "MAIL" provide by Apple. Then you must manually setup the notification ON, then only you will be notified.Here it shows in the picture.
.IMG_0249.png
Path:Settings-Notifications-Mail.
Turn On Allow Notifications, then you will be alarmed when there is a new mail to your in box.:yes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2