How do I free up space on my iPad?

I

iMore Question

How to free up space on my ipad

I would like to know if my photos and videos are backed up to iCloud, can I delete them from my camera and thus free up space for the iOS 8 update? Would I be able to retrieve these photos and videos at a later stage from iCloud?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to free up space on my ipad

No. I would not do that. Download Box. Upload your photos to Box. Then delete them from camera roll. You can delete apps and music as well. You can download them back afterwards. Even what you paid for. Also, delete messsges in the Messages app.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

No. I would not do that. Download Box. Upload your photos to Box. Then delete them from camera roll. You can delete apps and music as well. You can download them back afterwards. Even what you paid for. Also, delete messsges in the Messages app.

That is a very good suggestion about deleting messages. One of my friends is running out of space on his phone the other day. I was looking at was hogging up all the memory and messages was hogging up over 1.5 GB

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

That is a very good suggestion about deleting messages. One of my friends is running out of space on his phone the other day. I was looking at was hogging up all the memory and messages was hogging up over 1.5 GB
Some like to save every message. They add up. I've had very few I save. I just screen shot them and store in Box or Dropbox. I have turned iMessage off and forwarded messages to my email address. Then dropped in a folder. But that too takes space. Not as much though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2