Is it better to upgrade the OS while in DFU mode? (5c)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've got two 5c devices, One I upgraded via iTunes from 7.1.2 jailbroken to iOS 8. Well it's had massive lag and has generally been acting a bit wonky. I really want iOS 8 on my other 5c because it is my daily driver. I find that having Swype is more than worth giving up a jailbreak for (To me anyways). I'm just concerned that the device will slow down to the point of me regretting it and prompting me to buy another device.

Deep down, I'd really like to keep my 5c instead of buying a new one.

Do you think that upgrading via DFU mode would help at all?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The one you upgraded from jailbroken... did you restore a back-up to it or set up as new? Restoring the OS via iTunes or via DFU does the same thing... sometimes, restoring a jailbroken back-up to a stock device can still have random bits of jailbreak left behind... I'd restore the iOS and set up as new.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The one you upgraded from jailbroken... did you restore a back-up to it or set up as new? Restoring the OS via iTunes or via DFU does the same thing... sometimes, restoring a jailbroken back-up to a stock device can still have random bits of jailbreak left behind... I'd restore the iOS and set up as new.

I set it up as new. I try to avoid reinstalling back ups as I've always had trouble with that. I've tried restoring it as new a couple times. I just think that it's not playing well with iOS 8.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2