• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

How can I delete my emails from my exchange account without deleting them from my server?

I

iMore Question

iphone 5 exchange account do not delete email from server when deleting from iphone

when deleting exchange account emails form iphone 5, they also delete from my server. want to only delete them from phone. want to keep them on server.
how to do this?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: iphone 5 exchange account do not delete email from server when deleting from iphone

Like Karen said, you can’t. The exchange email model is such that you are actually looking at a view of the server mail. It you see it, it’s on the server. If it’s not on the server, you don’t see it. This is also how IMAP works. You have to be using POP3 in order to do what you want - because in that case, your phone downloads a copy of the email, which can be actioned without affecting the server copy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok