I'm getting random "No Service" issues. Could I have an Antenna problem?

I

iMore Question

Okay so I've had my iphone 5 for two years now, since the launch and i've had no problems with it since. I accidently dropped it in a sink full of water during my first month of ownership. the only problem i saw with that was my speakers sounded blurred so I used a Qtip trick I found online and that fixed it. Since then, no problems. The past month or so my phone has been saying "No Service" and "searching" at random times. Sometimes it lasts a couple of minutes and sometimes it can last hours and even days. I'm on the ATT network and tried talking to them, they blamed it on the towers but everyone else in my house + at my job have iphones on ATT and had no problem. Since the problem is on and off, I can't really take it to the apple store. I've set a genius bar appointment TWICE and both times my phone was working okay so they told me if they cant recreate the problem, they cant do much.

Anyone have any tips on what the problem could be? I wanna know what it is that is causing the problems so I can sell the phone after I receive my iphone6. Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: I'm getting random "No Service" issues. Could I have an Antenna problem?

Go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings" to see if it helps. Also, I recall reading where someone mentioned having a carrier update from AT&T when they checked for an iOS 8 update....I think.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll