How can I bypass iCloud Activation's request for the previous owner's information?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Bought 5s yesterday but webf to set it up & its asking 4 previous owner's apple id & password???

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they’ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.

I love the Activation Lock concept, but it appears to be punishing the unwitting buyer much more than the scumbag thief.

Aimes_D

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't steal i am as honest as can be. I bought fone off someone on gumtree got sellers number but she's not comfy givin me info so gettin apple to ring her tonight

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Aimes_D

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
No my partner rang from his phone & she answered n said she'd ring back in 5 mins then never did it seems she's blocked both our numbers mow

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Again, sorry this happened. It's a valuable lesson though. Always make sure the activation lock is disabled before you give them money, or you'll own one heck of a paperweight.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77