Is this iPhone 5S new or refurbished?

Dj-Shiva Manuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
hi, i m from india and owner of iphone 4 white 8gb, yesterday i got my iphone 5s gold 16gb which was purchased online from amazon and it has 1 year apple india warranty, when i opened the iphone box which was well sealed but i saw two little black spots on white bands of iphone 5s on both sides but those were not noticeable, when i switched on my iphone 5s then i noticed that screen is dull and its in yellowish tone, i know its in auto brightness mode which comes default by apple, i couldnt activate my iphone because i dont have nano sim right now but will activate very soon, one more thing i noticed that the sim tray of my iphone 5s doesnt have imei and serial number printed on back side but my iphone 4 sim tray has imei and serial number written on back side, only imei is printed on back plate of iphone 5s, my question is that i got brand new factory piece from apple or i got some refurbished or replacement piece well packed in box. in iphone 5s box everything is shining like new product, please help me in this, thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iphone 5s gold 16gb - no imei and serial number on back side of sim tray and yellowish dull scre

I don't know. Why didn't you buy direct from the Apple Store online? Was the item sold as "new" via Amazon?

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
yes its amazon fulfilled, i can return easily but i m sure that they will refund my money and i dont want that, i will not get replacement for this because now no one is selling at lowest price, i bought at ₹ 37499 which is the lowest in online and in stores they are selling for ₹ 49500

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Just to let people know: I bought several years ago an Archos 5 SSD tablet on Amazon. It was labeled and being sold as new no used as an option. It came but it had at-least someone's music on it. So was it new, I have no idea.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In regard to the yellowish screen, Many of us experienced the warm color when I had an iPhone 4S, but it brightened quite a bit after a few days, but not to the degree of the iPhone 4. As for the SIM tray not having the IMEI and Serial number printed on the back of it, I don't know. I don't have an iPhone 5S. Having sad that, does it really matter? When you turn on the device and go to Settings - General - About, do you not see both numbers listed? Also, since you don't have a SIM card installed and won't have one installed until you get service for it with a local carrier, it's a moot issue, in my opinion.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
well i think first i need to check my iphone 5s properly after inserting nano sim which i will buy within 2-3 days then i have to check phone with high brightness, as u said and i also read somewhere same thing that in few days it will fade (yellowish tone) then good otherwise have to visit service centre, but i didnt get my answer for sim tray, maybe apple stopped printing imei and serial number on sim tray like iphone 4/4s , just wanted to confirm this.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2