My iPhone 5s will not connect to my computer

I

iMore Question

It will not connect at all. It charges fine, nothing wrong with the port on the phone or cord. The USB ports recognize everything else. It won't show up on itunes or charge. I have reinstalled and uninstalled itunes, done the whole apple mobile device support thing. I really need help here

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Is the option of firing up iTunes whenever your device is connected enabled ? Also, can you launch iTunes manually and see if it detects your device?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll ask a question because this has happened to me.....have you tried rebooting your computer?

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

CourtGrangier

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
The option is not available. I can manually launch it but no difference. It seems like I also can not connect to my other home computer. I'm not sure about others, is there any known problem with connecting to computer and iphones? I repeat again, there is nothing wrong with either computers' ports.

CourtGrangier

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
yes, I think I was and I accidentally hit do not trust, I was thinking that was the problem. I have zero connection with my computer from what I can tell

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I ran into a similar issue before all I did was hard reset the phone. Hold circle button and power button for 8 to 10 seconds and once it reboots try again. It may not work but worth a try it worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

stephanie7878

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my iPhone 5s not connecting to my PC. Also, when someone calls my number, it will ring many times, but never allow anyone to leave me a voicemail.