When to leave for Appointments like Google Now?

iZeep

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to get my iPhone to tell me when to leave for Calendar appointments like Google Now does? I'm not part of the Google eco-system and really don't want to switch because my work Calendar already synchs with my iPhone.

Seems like something Siri should be able to do. I found some older apps that purport to do this, but the fact that I haven't seen much discussion has me wonder whether Apple has integrated this functionality into iOS.
In any event, please let me know if you know how to do this or a good app for it. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you serious? I'd like to believe that I'm misunderstanding your question so I will say that in the native Calendar app, you can set an alert 15 minutes (for example) prior to the start of a meeting or an event. In other words, in 15 minutes, the meeting/event will start. I then tell myself to get going or get prepared....:). Is that what you're seeking?

iZeep

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if I wasn't clear; I'm looking for a location/traffic aware that tells me when it's time to leave based on current traffic, or transit times if I have selected public transit.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if I wasn't clear; I'm looking for a location/traffic aware that tells me when it's time to leave based on current traffic, or transit times if I have selected public transit.

Oh okay. I understand. Thanks for the clarification...:)

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
As much as I like Google Now. I use my calendar mostly, or stock reminder app in IOS.
Google Now reminders are not always reliable, and push notifications for the other cards do not work.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2