Is there an option to require a password prior to opening iMessage or email?

I

iMore Question

Is there an option to require a password prior to opening iMessage or email? If I allow someone to use my iphone to make a call I would like the phones other apps to remain locked.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
There's no way you can lock your iMessage/Mail app with a password. Though, you can lock ur device with a password.

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
agarwal.apar is correct, and in addition to what was stated, if your device is Siri compatible, you can always have it dial a specific number for you from the lock screen. That way, the person borrowing your phone to make a call can indeed have a conversation without having access to the homescreens.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If it's jailbroken, you can download a tweak that passcode locks certain apps, so you will have to enter a password every time you want to open the app.

Phil Katz

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Since technologically, this would be very easy for Apple to do, I can only assume they do not have a feature to lock certain applications, as a marketing ploy. Specifically, they want to encourage everyone in every household to have their own iOS device. It is the same reason that they have until now not offered a multiple account login for one iOS device. Technologically, this is all simple stuff, but they don't do it because it doesn't comport with their marketing goals.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77