Upgradate jailbroken iphone5 from 7.0.4 to 7.1

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi there :) I have my IPhone 5 jailbroken from 5 months. I haven't got any problems until yesterday - my Safari, Weather and Mail won't open :( they crash each time I'm trying to start them ) I read in some forums that this could be from the jailbreak. Now my question is : if I upgrade my phone ( from iOS 7.0.4 to ios 7.1) will there be any problems with my phone working properly? ( I know, I will loose my jailbrake- I don't care for that )

I will be happy if someone can help me :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Eva :)

Unless there is a fundamental flaw with your device, upgrading to 7.1.1, the latest version, actually adds some stability improvements and fixes some less optimum settings that were present in 7.0.x so in the grand scheme of things, your device should technically perform better with 7.1.1 installed.

I know what you mean, as more of my favourite tweaks are being included in successive iOS releases, the need for me to jailbreak is becoming less over time. I doubt that when iOS 8 rolls out I will even bother with a jailbreak anymore.

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Eva :)

Unless there is a fundamental flaw with your device, upgrading to 7.1.1, the latest version, actually adds some stability improvements and fixes some less optimum settings that were present in 7.0.x so in the grand scheme of things, your device should technically perform better with 7.1.1 installed.

I know what you mean, as more of my favourite tweaks are being included in successive iOS releases, the need for me to jailbreak is becoming less over time. I doubt that when iOS 8 rolls out I will even bother with a jailbreak anymore.

So my iPhone will be OK if I upgrade it ? Thank you very much for your answer !

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

The zigster

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a question along those lines...
you see I have an ipad 2 running on 4.3.3 and I will like to restore the ipad to ios 7.0 in order for me to be able to jailbreak while there is only jailbreak for this version....
the problem is that ios7.1 does not let this happen I have a file for ios7.0 and every time I try to restore or to just upgrad the ipad in order not lose the option of jailbreak it gives me an error on iTunes ...so I read up about it and I did not find anything that can help me out ....
Is there something I could do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a question along those lines...
you see I have an ipad 2 running on 4.3.3 and I will like to restore the ipad to ios 7.0 in order for me to be able to jailbreak while there is only jailbreak for this version....
the problem is that ios7.1 does not let this happen I have a file for ios7.0 and every time I try to restore or to just upgrad the ipad in order not lose the option of jailbreak it gives me an error on iTunes ...so I read up about it and I did not find anything that can help me out ....
Is there something I could do?

Unfortunately Apple has locked us to only being able to upgrade to the latest version which right now you will not be able to jailbreak. You'll have to make a decision to either keep your jailbreak or upgrade and wait for a future jailbreak. I personally will continue to jailbreak for the foreseeable future but you are way behind on OS updates. You may find that Apple has implemented some of jailbreak features you use depending on what you like. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The zigster

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Well in the end after I found out that I don't have the right shsh blobs for restoring back to the older ios systems I went with 7.1.1 and I will wait

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well in the end after I found out that I don't have the right shsh blobs for restoring back to the older ios systems I went with 7.1.1 and I will wait

Update us and let us know how you like stock 7.1 after you use it a while. I'm curious if you'll find out that Apple adopted most of what you held onto jailbreak and such an old OS for so long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The zigster

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Well I will tell you the truth after I got it to 7.1.1 I downgraded it to 4.3.5 then upgraded it to 5.1.1 after sinful iPhone told me it will never work....
And I was able to jailbreak it but to tell you the truth the only reason I have a ipad is to watch mlb.tv .....and the app required ios 7.0 or higher