App that enables me to hide incoming and outgoing SMS, without recipient downloading the same app?

kennedylane

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Is there any such app like this? I'm only wondering because my current girlfriend does not like my best friend, she no longer wants me to talk to her, and I need an app that allows me to hide my SMS messages incoming and outgoing to her. I want to be able to maintain a relationship with the two closest people I have in my life, I hate that I have to do it in secret, but that's whatever. I also would like to know if I can still send my best friend the messages through the app, without having to tell her that I'm hiding the messages, ya know? It would be kind of crappy to text her and be like, " Oh hey, I need you to download and possibly pay for an app so that you can still talk to me in secret so that my girlfriend doesn't find out. Thanks." That wouldn't go over too well at all. If there is an app such as this, enlighten me on it. Lol. I have a 5c and I have literally searched all over the app market and the internet for one, and all of are missing the key aspect that I need. Plus, I have already read tons of forums on this, and I keep hearing of iBlacklist? But I cannot find it. Is it because I need to Jailbreak my phone? And if it does require me to have a jailbroken phone, can I text her through that app without her having to download/pay for that app as well? Plus she doesn't have an iPhone, she has an Android.
Anyways, thanks for reading and please feed me your knowledge. Thank you!:)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore.

BiteSMS on a jailbroken phone might be useful. You can set notification preferences on a per contact basis so that your phone doesn't make a noise when you other friend messages you.. Her text messages would sill appear in the default app though and you would need to set all the notifications in the default app to silent and let BiteSMS handle the notifications. It might not be ideal but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

I definitely can't think of any apps that redirect the messages from only one contact and iBlacklist sets blacklisted numbers that will not be shown to you at all. I'm not sure if that would be useful, having never used it. It may have different functionality so hopefully someone who knows more about it can chime in here.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there any such app like this? I'm only wondering because my current girlfriend does not like my best friend, she no longer wants me to talk to her, and I need an app that allows me to hide my SMS messages incoming and outgoing to her. I want to be able to maintain a relationship with the two closest people I have in my life, I hate that I have to do it in secret, but that's whatever. I also would like to know if I can still send my best friend the messages through the app, without having to tell her that I'm hiding the messages, ya know? It would be kind of crappy to text her and be like, " Oh hey, I need you to download and possibly pay for an app so that you can still talk to me in secret so that my girlfriend doesn't find out. Thanks." That wouldn't go over too well at all. If there is an app such as this, enlighten me on it. Lol. I have a 5c and I have literally searched all over the app market and the internet for one, and all of are missing the key aspect that I need. Plus, I have already read tons of forums on this, and I keep hearing of iBlacklist? But I cannot find it. Is it because I need to Jailbreak my phone? And if it does require me to have a jailbroken phone, can I text her through that app without her having to download/pay for that app as well? Plus she doesn't have an iPhone, she has an Android.
Anyways, thanks for reading and please feed me your knowledge. Thank you!:)
Change the contact name of said friend to a different name then don't keep long conversations stored maybe delete thread every couple days or so if your gf looks it will look like a diff person

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Now that you have your answers I would like to add the human side of your question. What you are doing is going to hurt you in your relationship I advise you don't try and hide your friendship from your girlfriend we've seen this before here on iMore your girlfriend sounds like she's tech savoy and will eventually find out and take it the wrong way your better off setting her contact on silent and password protect your phone it's your device and if she can't respect that then your never going to evolve together. As a new member we are here to help you in any way we can

If she doesn't like your friend that's fine but you have the right to keep in contact with who you like regardless

Again welcome and post often 😊

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not that I am against giving a member advice but has it come down to us giving advice on hiding things and info on phones because others have personal issues with their friends. Come on, Work it out with each other instead of going behind each others back. That is just my opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2