help, imessage mess!?

I

iMore Question

so my mate sent one text to me as an imessage to both my personal phone AND my work phone number.
Okay
i didnt have imessage turned on on my personal phone but it was turned on on my work mobile.
In that case, you did not receive an iMessage with your personal phone. You received an SMS message to it that was sent via your mate's i-device.
i replied from my personal phone which didnt have imessage on it.
Non-Apple devices and Apple devices that do not have iMessage enabled can still communicate with Apple device via SMS.
a few texts went back and forth between me on my personal phone (imessage turned off) and my mate (imessage turned on).
will any of these messages now be sent to my work mobile (imessage on)????
If your mate initiated the conversation using the "group messaging" feature then yes, your work device may receive some or all of the replies, if not, then it will only receive the conversations to it. Still, are you not with your work phone?
i dont have the work mobile anymore to check!
Oh okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am assuming and would have to the your work and personal phone numbers are different so NO but If you have your Apple ID set up on both and turn iMessage on and IF they were sent to your Apple ID and not phone number then YES. If you don't have the work mobile anymore it would not do you any good anyway.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you 'D for merging them and giving the through answer. Also I would suggest maxwell just move on and forget it, There is not much you can do about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2