MP4 Videos won't display in Videos app on iOS 7?

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I tried searching around and can't find anything at all on this topic.

I have videos in my iTunes library that are mp4 files. They aren't official movies, tv shows, or music videos. And those seem to be the only 3 categories that the Videos app is showing. When I sync my iPhone I select these videos as videos to sync to the phone, but I have no idea where it puts them. I tried looking in the Photos app, not in there either. How do I watch mp4 videos in iOS 7? The files are fine because I've been watching these videos on all my previous versions of iOS. Just haven't tried watching any of them since upgrading to iOS 7. Any help would be appreciated!

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
They would generally be in your videos assuming they were standardized mp4 files. Your best bet would be to look for a different video player in the app store itself like Cinex Player and see if one of those can play them or look for a free encoding tool to encode them to a more standard mp4. Though I suppose that doesn't really explain why they worked before as I'm not aware of changes they made to mp4 handling in IOS 7.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2