Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Unhappy iPhone 5 iOS7 update frozen at white downloading screen?

So this morning I decided to install iOS7 for my iPhone 5. It kept informing me that I couldn't do it without an active internet connection until finally this morning it sent me a little push notification saying "iOS 7 ready to install!" or something, so I tried reinstalling it. So it went to the connect to iTunes screen, I connected it. I have iTunes 11.1 on my computer so it restored my iPhone and then extracted the data and for the past hour it's been stuck at a white screen with a black apple and a download bar below the apple and it's been frozen ever since. I've probably done some stupid things like trying to unplug it and such, I've tried to restart it but it's stuck at that loading screen. My iTunes won't even acknowledge that my iPhone is even connected anymore and I have no idea what to do. Any help please?
    iMore Genius

20,842 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,723 Global Posts

Default Re: iPhone 5 iOS7 update frozen at white downloading screen?

Reboot the computer... make sure iTunes is at version 11.1.3 - then connect the phone to computer - and proceed...