Sound is no longer heard on my iPhone 4S

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have an iPhone 4S and it worked perfectly until a few days. Now don't sound it all!! Nothing, not even with headphones!! Anyone can help me please? And I live in Argentina where I not an Apple Store where take it to repair. I searched for YouTube and Google for some videos to repair it myself but don't find anything..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Turn your device off, wait a few seconds and then turn it back on. Now check for sound.
2. Make sure the mute switch n the left side of the device is in the up position. Check for sound.
3. Make sure the volume level is set to a high volume level.
4. Attach your earphones and try to listen for sound. Do this several times.
5. Make sure there is nothing covering the speaker or clogging the speaker.

If after those things, you still don't have sound, connect it to your computer, backup your data, music and photos, and then restore it via iTunes. Afterwards, do not restore from a backup. Check for sound. If the sound still does not work, assume they are toast and make arrangements to get them fixed via local repair shop or do it yourself.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to rain on your parade, so hopefully something D said will help, but mine did the same thing and Verizon told me it'd cost more to fix it than the phone was worth. I was due for an upgrade anyway which I know doesn't help you in South America.

Fingers crossed one of D's replies help. :)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I do everything you said to me and still doesn't work!!! I think is toasted!!! Just start to sale it to buy me an new iPhone 5s!!! Now i can't buy a sh**!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do everything you said to me and still doesn't work!!! I think is toasted!!! Just start to sale it to buy me an new iPhone 5s!!! Now i can't buy a sh**!!

To verify that it is not a hardware issue, connect your iPhone to your computer, backup its data, and then put the device in DFU mode and select to restore it via iTunes. Afterwards, do not restore from a backup. Set it up as a new device. While you're setting it up, you should hear the keyboard click while you type. If you do, it is safe to assume that the sound problem is fixed.

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I did what you said to me but doesn't work!! Another thing I discovered was that the mic does not work either!! Could be that a hardware failure does not let sound in or out?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2