iphone 5s freeze

I

iMore Question

my new iphone 5s freezes during download from icloud, was going for 3 hours last night, the bar only moved 10mm and then froze, I closed the phone down by holding the two buttons, I turned back on left on over night and the 'bar' hasn't moved any further.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean "during downloading from iCloud"? Are you restoring from an iCloud backup? If so, how many photos do you have in that particular backup? If you have a great deal then the device may not be crashing. Are you merely syncing your iCloud mail, contacts, calendar, reminders, etcetera? If so, you try to get to your home screen and delete iCloud from your phone and then re-configure it.

SPS57

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am restoring from an icloud backup onto a new phone. I can't return to the home page, the screen is black with only the task bar showing the progress of the restore which is frozen and has been for 24 hrs, I have 1.3GB of photos but I think 24 hrs should have been enough to complete a restore. Reading similar problems other people have had, I think it requires plugging into itunes in either recovery mode or DFU ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am restoring from an icloud backup onto a new phone. I can't return to the home page, the screen is black with only the task bar showing the progress of the restore which is frozen and has been for 24 hrs, I have 1.3GB of photos but I think 24 hrs should have been enough to complete a restore. Reading similar problems other people have had, I think it requires plugging into itunes in either recovery mode or DFU ?

Before putting the phone in DFU mode, turn it completely off and then wait a few seconds before turning it back on. What you *should* experience is that the restore should pick up where it left off but will appear to move along as it should. Give it a few minutes to make sure. If not, then yeah, put it in DFU mode and restore via iTunes.

SPS57

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I work away from home during the week and as this attempt to restore from icloud happened Sunday night to Monday morning I have left the phone at home. I shall have another go at it this weekend.
Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77